Schneider Electric SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER AND TEAM LEADER in Belluno, Italy
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Eliwell and Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Project Manager leader is responsible for his team of project managers to achieve the project’s objectives. S/he manage his team of project managers to works closely with the project sponsor and the project management team to define the project objectives, create a plan for and executing the plan to achieve those objectives. The project manager leader has a working knowledge of the technical and organizational environments in which the project deliverables are created and in which they will be used. The project manager must be an excellent communicator at all levels within the project environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically disbursed project environment. He need to lead a team of senior project managers and manage their relation with the other functions such as R&D;, Marketing, Sales, GSC and Finance. The project manager leader may have also some projects to manage as individual contributor, depending on the load of the other team members
*General Responsabilities: *
- Accountable for leading international cross-functional teams to specify, design, develop, industrialize, and commercialize new products using the company’s new product development processes from ideation to product launch.
- Responsible for planning and execution of activities required to meet project goals within the project budget and schedule constraints, always focusing on value for customers and business goals
- Accountable to launch new product on time, on cost (vs. product cost target) and on budget (vs. project budget)
Job Responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
- Ensure products being developed meet customer needs and achieve project financial goals (product cost, sales, profit margin and overall program ROI).
- Lead and coordinate international cross-functional teams to establish and execute project plans.
- Manage project scope, budget, schedule, product cost, risks, resources (competencies), quality and communication.
- Control and monitor the project performance to ensure the project is on track to achieve business goals.
- Manage arbitrations by providing project reviews and reports to project sponsor, steering committee and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for meeting the scope, schedule, resource and budget commitments reflected in the project management plan.
- Lead the project management team in developing and managing the project management plan within the constraints established and approved by the project sponsor.
- Lead the decision making process at the project level and at the right time.
- Implement and enforce change control over project scope, schedule, resources and budget.
- Negotiate with functional managers and/or organizational management to obtain adequate resources with appropriate skills to staff the project team.
- Manage the timely resolution of issues, including the escalation of issues that are outside of the project team’s scope of responsibility.
- Continually identify and proactively manage project risks and issues, ensure execution of corrective action plans up to closure.
- Monitor the project and report the project status to the management on a regular basis.
- Medium projects, regional or global projects, high need for coordination, medium project team
- Communicate effectively and work closely with all levels of the organization.
- May require up to 20% travel time including both domestic and international travels.
Candidate Profile key skills and experience required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in electronical engineering, IT or related engineering field. Higher education in Business, Marketing or Project Management is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of managing large new product development projects with successful track record. Experience in other functions in addition to project management is a plus. Multinational experience is a plus also.
- Minimum 5 year of managing a team of project managers or any other senior resources based team
- Strong hardware and project management experience.
- Advanced understanding and demonstration of project management methodology and associated tools (project start-ups, project planning, execution & tracking, etc.)
- Experience with HVAC and commercial refrigeration (nice to have)
- Excellent communication skills. Able to influence and persuade senior-level decision makers and perform executive presentation.
- Strong project management and leadership skills. Demonstrated experience leading in matrix organization.
- Experience working in Agile environment a plus.
- Certified Project Management Professional a plus.
- Good understanding of electronic hardware and firmware development, systems and digital solutions.
- Ability (or experience) working in a global environment/ highly matrixed organization.
- Strong business acumen is a plus.
- Team working attitude
- Leadership and result driven attitude
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
Primary Location: IT-Veneto-Belluno
Unposting Date: Dec 13, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 003KZO