Marriott Purchasing Coordinator in Venezia, Italy
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Print and organize various necessary documents, summarize relevant information, and distribute information to appropriate employees. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company safety programs within assigned area of responsibility, (e.g., food, retail), as well as all local, state, and federal regulations. Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas. Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly. Calculate figures for inventories, orders, and costs. Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs. Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels. Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process. Verify and track received inventory. Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports. Receive, unload, and process deliveries. Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
Assist management in training, scheduling, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and stairs and/or service ramps. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Work with suppliers to resolve discrepancies between invoices and actual received merchandise, and report to manager/supervisor as necessary.
- Lock and unlock secure merchandise storage areas.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Order packaging, raw materials, and supplies as needed.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Oversee return process by verifying counts, shipping addresses, labels, etc.
- Check in merchandise, report bad pallets, print and place slot labels, and check current inventory levels.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels in a timely manner.
- Receive and stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues.
Use technology to send, receive, and print out product requisitions and orders.
Analyze price variance, correcting and approving quotes utilizing various tools provided.
Provide ad hoc analysis and project support as is necessary to include (but not limited to) local business sourcing.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Calculate figures for food inventories, orders, and costs.
General Food - Stocking/Receiving
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company safety programs within assigned area of responsibility (e.g., food, retail), as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items, track refusal of items, and communicate to appropriate management.
- Check weights of all items as compared to order and billing.
- Complete and maintain required departmental paperwork, such as throwaway record sheets, invoices, and assignment notices.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as First In-First Out (FIFO) and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments or areas.
- Identify and remove merchandise that is outdated, distressed, or unacceptable in appearance to ensure quality and freshness.
- Complete and maintain up-to-date logs for food products.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Maintain the sanitation standards of the food storeroom and walk-ins.
Office - Stocking/Receiving
- Organize and maintain filing systems.
- Print, organize, and separate various necessary documents, summarize relevant information, and distribute information to appropriate employees.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
- Listen to hourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001T8Q