United States Fleet Forces Command IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK) in Capodichino, Italy
You will serve as an Information Technology Specialist (Network) in the Network Administration and Services Management Division of NAVAL COMP TELCOM STATION NAPLES.
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/pls/psgprod/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Learn more about this agency
- You will configure network assets (e.g., routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, peripherals, hardware, software, or similar assets) to maintain an organization?s information technology (IT) infrastructure is maintained.
- You will manage support operations (e.g., troubleshooting technical issues, maintaining systems, inventory, technology upgrades) to ensure system or application availability.
- You will analyze system problems associated with local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN) to develop solutions.
- You will review information system accreditation configurations to verify adequate protection is provided to the organizations operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This is an overseas position. You will be subject to and must be able to satisfy the overseas requirements of the 26Jul12 DODI 1400.25 V1230: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/140025v1230.pdf
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position in specialty area 45 and as a condition of employment incumbents of this position are required to comply with the DON Cyber IT/CSWF Program Requirements of SECNAV M-5293.2:
- Earn and maintain appropriate credentials from the Cyber IT/CSWF Qualification Matrix associated with the specialty area and level commensurate with the scope of major assigned duties for the position to which you're assigned.
- Participate in a continuous learning program as described in SECNAVINST 1534.2.
- A minimum of 40 hours of Cyber IT/CSWF related continuous learning annually documented in a current individual development plan (IDP) signed by both the employee and supervisor.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This position is considered Key/Emergency-Essential. You will be required to provide immediate and continuing support to ensure the success of combat operations or the availability of combat-essential systems.
- Incumbent will be required to carry a Blackberry/pager/cell phone in case of emergency during non-duty hours.
- This position is a watch standing position, and may be required to rotate through a 24/7 watch operation.
- The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precatuions. Some employees may occasionaly be exposed to uncomfortable conditions.
- The work is sedentary with walking and standing in conjuction with travel and in attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Configuring switches, routers and other network devices.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Tracking Remedy Network tickets for network devices.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Training personnel on proper network configuration for devices.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Maintaining configuration control infrastructure to include developing and recommending standards and enforcing application standards to ensure theater wide compatibility.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector 1) Monitoring network systems capacity and performance; 2) Installing, integrating, and configuring information systems network hardware and software; 3) Ensuring network availability and optimal performance; 4) Defining and reviewing information assurance programs; and 5) Implementing information assurance principles and techniques. Note: This information must be supported in your resume to be considered for this position.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
For those applicants located outside of the commuting area, a service agreement may be negotiated in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulation and applicable Department of the Navy policies.
Tour of duty will be 36 months.
For more Non-Foreign Overseas recruitment information: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/OverseasRecruitmentinformationNonForeign.pdf
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating of 85 or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents contain personal information such as SSN and DOB and some documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove said personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- NETWORK OPERATION
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
A COMPLETE RESUME IS REQUIRED. Your resume must show relevant experience (cover letter optional) where you worked, job title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week & salary. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade level i.e. GS-0201-09. Note: Only the last resume received will be reviewed.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DOCUMENT IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATION CLAIMS. You are strongly encouraged to upload the applicable documents with your application package. These documents will assist the staffing specialist in determining your eligibility and qualifications, but are not required at the time of application. If you do not upload the suggested documents, then you must document in your resume the information needed to determine your eligibility. If you are selected, these documents will be requested at the time of tentative job offer to verify eligibility and qualifications. You will have 2 business days to submit these documents before a job offer is rescinded.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE? You are strongly encouraged to provide a copy of your license or certificate in your application package. It is also acceptable to document your license number and the name of the licensing authority in your resume.
ARE YOU QUALIFYING BASED ON EDUCATION or A COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE? You must provide sufficient documentation of your education in your resume. You are strongly encouraged to provide a copy of transcripts or degrees in your application package. It is also acceptable to document your applicable course listing in your resume (course number, credits earned, etc...). Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If selected, an official/sealed transcript will be required prior to appointment. Applications will be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education within 9 months from the date of application. However, agencies are required to verify that the education has been completed successfully before any applicant can be appointed (report to work); therefore, your selection or start date may be impacted by proof and completion of all position requirements.
ARE YOU AN ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBER? Active Duty Service Members are required to submit a statement of service printed on command letterhead and signed by the command. The statement of service must provide the branch of service, rate/rank, all dates of service, the expected date of discharge and anticipated character of service (Honorable, General, etc.).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
Click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: 1. Complete resume with relevant experience where you worked, job title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week and salary. If you are a current or previous federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. GS-0201-09). 2. Complete assessment questionnaire. For a quick preview of the assessment questionnaire click here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10182028 3. Supporting documentation
Failure to submit a complete application package will result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration.
Your complete application (resume, assessment questionnaire, and all supporting documents) must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 04/26/2018. Applications received after 04/26/2018 may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed.
NOTE: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account: https://mydon.usajobs.gov/Account/Login select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process so please plan appropriately.
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents contact Department of Navy EIC at DONEIC@navy.mil or (800) 378-4559.
Do not email or send hard copy resumes/applications to the Contact Information or Agency Information listed in this vacancy announcement. All resumes/applications received at the addresses listed in the Contact Information or Agency Information will be destroyed and will not be considered for this vacancy announcement.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that all information in their resume and documents are legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers/documents submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Department of Navy EIC
NAVAL COMP TELCOM STATION NAPLES NAVAL COMP and TELCOM STATION NAPLES Naples, AE US
Learn more about this agency
When the application process is complete, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements for which you requested consideration. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your level of knowledge, skill, and ability related to the job requirements.
Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The hiring manager may choose to conduct interviews. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496447500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/16/2018 to 04/26/2018
Salary: $62,083 to $80,710 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent