Marriott Chef de Partie in Firenze, Italy
Job Number 1800134V
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Excelsior, Florence, Firenze, Firenze VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Supports the Sous Chef in the kitchen operation with particular focus on the preparation and management of the apetizer buffet for the Se.Sto on Arno Bar. They must demonstrate a dynamic, young, creative personality, must be updated on new trends also with an international perspective.
Preparation and service of hot and cold dishes, responsibility for the section, carrying out ordering and stock rotation where necessary.
As a member of the kitchen team you are responsible for supporting the Senior kitchen team in the the team development, the team planning, the food cost management, the menu delivery and all Health and Safety aspects related to kitchen.
· Adhere to all Marriott H&S, Food, Hygiene, Bomb and Fire policies.
· Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving and storage.
· Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
· Assess quality control and adhere to Marriott service standards
· Support the control of food cost
· Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service
· Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim
· Seek own solutions to obstacles that occur from time to time
· To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
· Support stewarding department
· Daily data collection and reporting of issues as they arise
· Support of Departmental objective included GSI and LRA
· Diligence in prevention of wastage
· Thorough support for updating the training manual
· Attendance at Departmental meetings
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the Italian.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
· Ability to create recipes and support material, i.e., recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures, and to read and visualize same.
· Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc.
· Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-18°C) and kitchens (+35°C), possibly for one hour or more.
· Walking and standing are required during the working day.
· Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 1,5 m in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
· Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
· Must be able to lift and pull any reasonable weigh in a normal situation pending, if request.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Influence menu planning by challenging the team to think of new and creative dishes, what’s new what’s next. Consider new approaches to the business, support the kitchen to evolve and grow.
Support the development of key hotel business goals and strategies using the brand’s core values.
Take ownership and initiative to be personally accountable for delivering results
The above description is not to be regarded as an exhaustive list ofduties. Other tasks and responsibilitiesof a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basisas deemed appropriate by management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.