1st Source Bank Loan Services Specialist I, South Bend Corp Ofc in JobListingDpcs2Handler, Italy
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source operates banking centers in 17 counties, 23 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, eight Trust and Wealth Management locations and ten 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, individuals, businesses and communities. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
We are seeking professionals who are ambitious, friendly, and outgoing and looking to work within a company that demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect to all employees. We are committed to creating a diverse team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers. We offer pay commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package. Veterans, Disabled and alumni of AmeriCorp and Peace Corp are encouraged to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for preparing business loan documentation, ensuring the bank has collateral perfection, and performing post-closing loan servicing to adhere to the credit approval and the bank's policies and procedures.
- Reviews and determines the appropriate documentation and perfection requirements according to the credit approval within service standard agreements.
- Examines loan documentation or accuracy, completeness and properly executed signatures.
- Ensures appropriate due diligence requirements are completed and funds transaction within set authority.
- Works closely with relationship managers and documentation staff in processing loan and lease transactions.
- Boards loan to loan system and performs a 2nd day verification of financial data.
- Follows up directly with internal and external customers for pending items.
- Performs monthly review of various reports to ensure accuracy including financial and regulatory data and perfection of bank’s lien. Performs necessary follow up and updates to ensure compliance.
- Manages various reports clearing exceptions and performs collateral audits working with relationship managers and customers to gather required documentation or information to clear the exceptions.
- Reviews paid loans to release banks’ security interest and executes all related documentation.
Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
Bachelors Degree preferred.
One (1) to three (3) years of related experience preferred.
Prior commercial loan documentation and perfection of lien experience for titled, non-titled and real estate collateral preferred.
Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential.
Knowledge of commercial loan documentation is preferred but not required.
Knowledge of UCC Article 9 perfection is preferred but not required.
Knowledge of real property lien perfection is preferred but not required.
Good communication and organizational skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to travel to all locations as well as ability to travel over night, as needed for meetings, projects, seminars, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing business loan documentation, ensuring the bank has collateral perfection, and performing post-closing loan servicing to adhere to the credit approval and the bank's policies and procedures.