Solvay Battery Platform Researcher in Milano province, Italy
Under the responsibility of the Battery Platform Manager the candidate will study polymer and polymer composite structure/property relationships in innovative battery technologies.
The Battery Platform Researcher position requires flexibility to work on multiple projects concurrently, in the frame of research programs and/or customer technical support activities.
The ideal candidate, expert of polymers, will conduct lab activities and analytical characterization for lithium-ion batteries to support enhanced battery development goals working
closely with the laboratory team members and the polymer synthesis teams.
Working with other lab team members, the job holder will:
• Drive the research activity of the project he/she is directly involved
• Be Responsible for defining innovative polymer structures and their formulations to foster battery performance
• Establish the structure-property relationship of polymer in electrolyte or in electrodes
• Be Responsible for the performance evaluation of new materials and new battery technology and architectures from proof-of-concept to qualification.
• Review and critically analyze test data
• Work to improve current materials and formulations of materials and processes by collaborating with suppliers, research institutes and strategic partners.
• Prioritize tasks and responsibilities under pressures of time, budget and other resource constraints.
• Work effectively in team oriented projects in a multi-project environment.
• Master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science/engineering or related field required – Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry preferred.
• 3 to 8 years of experience in polymer technology R&D with an emphasis on structure/property relationship. Knowledge of and experience with polymer processing tecniques is a plus
• Knowledge of and experience in physico-chemical and mechanical testing methods and instruments is appreciated.
Title: Battery Platform Researcher
Location: Italy-Milano province-Bollate
Requisition ID: GBU005165
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.