General Electric Brilliant Factory & Big Data- Apprenticeship in Rivalta di Torino, Italy
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This Apprenticeship aims at supporting the Digital Technology team focusing on Brilliant Factory & Big Data.
The Brilliant Factory & Big Data Technical Specialist will be involved in the implementation of innovative Digital platforms to enable Global Supply Chain growth and innovation. Such initiatives are aimed to improve the current landscape of shop floors applications, introducing elements of modernization and standardization.
Partnering with Global Supply Chain stakeholders, you will be required to analyze business processes and real data to provide valuable insights to the business. whether creating specific dashboards, developing applications and/or predictive algorithms.
Collaboration across the Digital Technology teams, to guarantees alignment on technologies and respect of Compliance requirements and constraints, is part of your role. All the activities have to be performed seeking for synergy with the horizontal structures within GE Aviation and GE Digital.
Avio Aero is currently working on several initiatives spanning from Industry 4.0 to data analytics. More specifically, you will:
• Understand and analyze critical business processes from business counterparts (i.e. functional users), collect requirements, identify creative and impactful solutions;
• Contribute to achieve final project deliverables;
• Suggest opportunities and best practices for synergies among different sites/team;
• Support the adoption of innovative technologies as well as horizontal products;
• Support the design and development of data ingestion jobs by leveraging the GE Aviation ETL platform and/or other tools;
• Learn to design and build dashboards and data visualization tools by leveraging the GE Aviation toolset;
• Learn to design and build applications (including mobile and web services) leveraging both on COTS and GE Aviation toolset;
• Acquire knowledge on FOG / Connectivity Infrastructure (IOT communication protocols, IOT FOG platforms);
• Understand and analyze data collected from shop floor machines to develop predictive algorithms and to provide valuable insights to the business.
Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering are preferred;
Good knowledge of object-oriented programming;
Good knowledge of SQL-like programming and relational databases;
Good knowledge of web development;
Java, Phyton, .net/php web based language skills;
Knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Six Sigma methodologies;
Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with different levels of the organization;
Accountable … High say/do ratio;
Strong interpersonal skills;
Ability to work/influence cross-functional teams;
Fluent in Italian and English (spoken and written);
EU Work Permit.
• Effective team player and contributor;
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills;
• Motivated to grow, eager to learn proactive and able to set own action plans (Independent in work activities and execution);
• Focused on objectives.
Locations: Italy; Rivalta di Torino