Eaton Corporation Business Development Manager - Value Added Services in Segrate, Italy
Eaton's Electrical Business has an opening for a:
Business Development Manager - Value Added Services
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
This role is responsible for managing the Value Added Service (VAS) Sales for ES EMEA.
Responsibilities include identifying and creating unique, value added & innovative ideas and solutions based on internal and external customer needs across the complete Eaton range of products. This critical role includes actively supporting the EMEA Sales Organization/Customers, all Divisions & Suppliers with innovative ideas and execution to drive profitable sales growth in VAS.
The role will develop relationships with target customers, develop strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets for VAS. It is expected that the role will hunt down to identify and maximize business opportunities in the target markets and then drive with passion and energy to realize those opportunities. The business today is $25m with a small team of people, but is expected to expand to >$100m in the next 3-5 years. This role is the critical driver in achieving that sales growth.
The target customer segment will be OEM/Panel builders in Europe in the first step and then expand into panelbuilders / other segments. Trustful partnerships need to be created with our customers to help them solve issues/challenges they have. Active support for the sales organization on generating solutions & execution is critical. The internal / external commercial pricing support and control will be a critical part of this product line and thus active engagement with the Eaton sales organization and divisions is critical for success to create a Win-Win scenario.
The VAS organization will act as a “Think Tank” to funnel creative thinking / IDEA’s from all stakeholders – this sales role is critical in filling the pipeline and hunting down these creative and innovative idea’s that will change the game for Eaton. Cost Out and Improved solutions to the customer/supplier are the main goal whilst ensuring the implementation creates the appropriate value for Eaton.
The role will also lead and represent the VAS product line at international trade fairs, customer visits, conferences, networking events and relevant sales meetings.
· Support the creation of an efficient, agile and innovative value-add-services (VAS), EMEA wide Product Line
· Develop and Deploy the VAS Sales Strategy & vision across organization.
· Actively engage with and and support the needs of Eaton’s customers, sales & marketing functions (All divisions, product lines, target countries in scope)
· VAS Profitable Sales (Sales $25m to >$100m++ or per PP, RoS % per PP, >25% YoY Growth)
· Support and be a key stakeholder in the creation of the marketing / promotional campaign for VAS.
· Conduct regular business reviews / customer visits focused on value creation, innovative idea’s and key performance indicators.
· Understand what the competition is doing – major tactics, organization, distribution, strategy, pricing and keep the VAS organization aware of trends and changes.
· Cost Out Through VA/VE / Innovative VAS Idea’s – Identification of workshop opportunities
· Identification, Research and Execution on VAS specific solutions for customers - Go Beyond just product specific solutions, for example consult with stakeholders inventory reduction, logistics optimization
· Communicate/Drive new innovative idea’s to the Think Tank group to reflect future technology trends, development.
· Co-ordinate Sales Pipeline for VAS
· Identify and acquire potential new customers for VAS
· SIOP (Sales Responsibility / Forecasting ) to enable better planning
· Responsibilities include monthly scorecard / reporting of orders / sales results (WIN/Loss)
· Key Stakeholder in achievement of profit plan targets (Sales / Profit / Growth / Pipeline / Think Tank IDEA’s)
· Develop appropriate Sales Tools (online tools, on the road tools etc)
· Support / Represent VAS at Sales Meetings, Customer Meetings, Web Trainings, Tech-Days, Roadshows, Fairs & Exhibitions.
· Entrepreneurial Attitude - An active change agent who is willing to take an appropriate amount of risk / return.
· Team Player, positively influences others, creative thinker.
· Strong use of initiative, drive, passion.
· Strong Communication Skills internally and externally. Must have the ability to interface at all levels in the organization and with customers/suppliers.
· Knowledge of the ES Markets / Segments in which we play today.
· Professional presence / appearance with the confidence and leadership ability to convey need and vision at all levels.
· Ability to Think Globally, Regionally, Nationally and outside the box
· Strong Project Manager and Can Do Attitude
· Ability to work calmly under pressure
· Comprehensive knowledge of Eaton’s supply chain / sales organization / Product Lines / Organizational Structure
· Experience in sales / engineering +5 years in different cultures / industries
· Good knowledge and understanding of logistics/distribution, materials management and quality management.
· Highly advanced analytical skills, financial aspects associated with managing the VAS product line
· Good understanding of the IT/Internal systems/processes.
· Solid Negotiating Skills – Win/Win scenarios
· Must have a high ability to organize (Team coordination, optimized preparation of workshops)
· Fluent in English necessary
· Good communication skills in German, Italian, French or Spanish an advantage in this role
· Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other relevant Master’s degree
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.